Friday, April 23, 2010

King Ranch Chicken casserole

I feel bad about throwing my mom under the bus on my post about picky eaters. Mom, I love you! I know you hate cooking but this is my favorite recipe from you and everybody loves it.

I make this whenever I need to deliver a dinner to someone. Add a green salad and black beans as sides and you're ready to go. It is the easiest of recipes--especially good for busy or novice cooks. (I made this a ton as a working newlywed.)



Photo taken from http://makelifedelicious.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/king-ranch-002-1.jpg


KING RANCH CHICKEN

Ingredients:


2 10 ¾ oz. cans Cream of Chicken soup

1 10 oz. can of chicken

1 10 oz. can tomatoes with green chiles (I used Rotel and they do make a mild version if you don't like spice)

2 Tablespoons dried minced onion

15-20 Corn tortillas, quartered

3-4 Cups cheddar or Colby-Jack cheese

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. In a large mixing bowl, combine soups with ½ cup of water. Add tomatoes w/ green chiles, minced onion, and chicken. Stir.

3. Spoon a thin layer of soup mixture onto bottom of an 8x8 or 9x13 pan.

4. Layer in the following order: tortillas, soup mixture, cheese. Repeat 3 or 4 times, ending with cheese.

5. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until bubbly and the cheese is melted.

6. Let stand for 10 minutes. (It will be easier to cut).

No comments:

Post a Comment