Monday, October 25, 2010

Menu Planning Monday

Oh . . . hi. Did you think I forgot about this blog? No, I'm just extraordinarily neglectful. Sorry about that; I have no good excuse.

Is it finally getting chilly where you live? Here in the desert it's in the 70s, which for us is an excuse to pull out the sweaters and drink cocoa by the fire. I do enjoy the fall recipes that feature some of my favorite flavors, namely pumpkin and apple. And a nice bowl of chili or stew really hits the spot emotionally as well as gastronomically. Ah, Fall!

So here's the week's menu.

Monday--Beef stew with potatoes, onion, and carrots; bicuits
FHE treat--Apple crisp

Tuesday--Baked salmon, rice pilaf, green salad

Wednesday--Vanilla yogurt topped with pumpkin seed granola (I already made this and it's delish), ham and egg bake, canteloupe slices

Thursday--Chef salad (salad bar), apple-spice muffins

Friday--Pizza or eat out (?)

Saturday--YOYO (You're on your own) / Leftovers

Sunday--Chicken and rice soup, grilled cheese sandwiches, apple slices

No comments:

Post a Comment